Tuesday 11 May 2010

I Don't Know


I don't know if poetry moves you
if the words sink deep in your heart.
I don't know what music your into
or at school if you were smart.
I'd like to know you.

I don't know if you like animals
or what it is that makes you smile.
I don't know if you wake up early
or if you take hours to dress in style.
I'd like to know you.

I don't know your childhood friends
if you grew up happy or not so well.
I don't know if your heart is hurting
or which perfume is your favourite smell.
"I'd like to know you.
all the same.
If you want to
I am game."
- Lisa Hannigan

4 comments:

  1. wuv this song, wuvvvv this photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, well inspired by the song quoted at the end :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh you are so talented!! if i was a little bit sadder i would print it off and read it to everyone i didnt know. youre on a roll with your poems/non-poems!! x

    ReplyDelete